2011/05/09

*Distant Rumbling*

Hey.

As for right now, things have been kind of quiet on the review front. I'm currently waiting on the last three volumes of Oishinbo, so there'll be something to read once my school schedule dies down a bit.

Frankly, though, I'd like to take this opportunity to gripe about something, if I may. I'm not completely sure who those well-meaning people were, but if they said School Rumble was "surprisingly clean," well, heh heh, CLEAN IT AIN'T.

And I had been wondering why the first part of the series was rated TV-PG while there was some dispute between the ratings for the second season (one part of season 2 said TV-MA while the complete season 2 set said TV-PG)... anyways, it's not that it's explicit or anything... it's just that the dialogue's getting too risqué. Baka* Imadori and all his like-minded pals... I had thought the love triangle with Harima, Tenma, and Karasuma was funny and cute, but it's marred by their pervy classmates... and other off-color comments from various people.

So until further notice, I'm not watching the rest of the episodes in that series. Not that I was planning on reviewing it, but let's face it: while it's not the worst sexual offender of anime, it certainly isn't an innocent, sparkly-eyed schoolgirl of an anime either. And I really liked the unpredictable nature of some of the jokes early on (like the message-shot-by-bow incident of episode 3, for those of you who know what I'm talking about). I may go back and watch the earlier, cleaner episodes though, for old time's sake (or language studies, whatever).


I can't get past episode 2 of Full Metal Panic?! Fumoffu either. The first two were really good, but I'm worried about what could come afterwards.

Anyways, for now,
Sayounara, minna-san.

(BTW, the asterisk in the post above? Yeah, that word appears in the glossary, just in case.)

No comments:

Post a Comment