2011/06/29

A Missed Opportunity

Minna-san, konbanwa*.

Just feel like saying this: I'm really not happy that Capcom decided to not bring Ace Attorney Investigations 2 over from Japan. Granted, they said it's because the first game didn't sell well enough (and I can understand that from a business standpoint), but it's a really bummer for me, because I was really looking forward to it. It would have been an instant day one purchase for me, and because I don't usually buy games the first day they come out, this game was something special. So thanks, Capcom; you just lost my $30 (not much in the grand scheme of things, but there are likely others who aren't happy either).

Looks like if I want the game now, I'm going to have to import it (handy that the DS and its games don't have region lock, huh? :D Not so with the newer systems, though). Not that it's really a problem, it's just that 1) Japanese DS games are typically more expensive, and with the dollar/yen ratio at around 1.00/80, maybe more so (I'd have to check XE.com); and 2) The entire thing's in Japanese. Yeah, duh, I know, but for those of you not familiar with the Ace Attorney series, it's a "visual novel" type game. In other words, you've got text coming out of your ears. Granted, it would be an excellent language study, but it'll take me a while to complete it (and a dictionary with kanji lookup; I wouldn't be able to play it when I'm not around a computer with internet). Ah, well. Maybe someone should start a petition or something. Or if more people would buy the first game and give it a try, maybe we could get somewhere.

Hopefully this won't have anything to do with that new Phoenix Wright live-action movie; if they go by the sales for the recent games, we may never see it. Heck, I'm still waiting for Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva, and the games in that series sold really well as far as I know.

As for the review I'm still working on, I need to finish book one before I get out and complete the other two books. It's a 4koma*, so it could take a little bit.

Well, with that, you all have a good evening. Minna-san,
Sayounara!

No comments:

Post a Comment